Why We Use Natural Refrigerants
Scantec is concerned about the environment and the effects of human activity on the World.
Natural as opposed to manufactured refrigerants are not only good for the environment, but they are also good for your business.
We are able to assist you either with the conversion of existing hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) based systems to natural refrigerants or we are able to use our considerable experience to offer natural refrigerant based solutions to most of your new refrigeration and air conditioning needs. There are only five natural refrigerants. These are ammonia (NH3), carbon dioxide (CO2), hydrocarbons, slurry ice and water.
Natural refrigerants are great not only for large scale industrial refrigeration systems, but also for many small to medium size plants. Natural refrigerants:
- will ensure minimization of your energy costs
- do not damage the environment
- are future proof and do not attract any environmental levies such as the carbon equivalent HFC levy
- are cheap and readily available
- are technically excellent in vapour compression cycles as a result of favourable thermophysical and transport properties
Modern design/monitoring techniques and equipment have dramatically reduced the risks associated with the use of natural working fluids. Worldwide experiences with natural refrigerants over at least a century demonstrate that these refrigerants can be safely and cost effectively applied with immediate benefits for your bottom line.